CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

God's Greatest Blessings

God's Greatest Blessings
Our Gifts from Above

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Some days just don't go as planned

One lesson I have learned over my 11 years of homeschooling is that you have to be flexible.  We try to stay on a schedule most days, but there are always those days where something happens or someone is sick, and we just have to go with the flow.  Our schedule is really just like school around here.  We start school at 9 and end around 3:00.   We take two fifteen minute breaks and a thirty minute lunch.  The younger ones do book work in the morning hours, then afternoons are for fun activities and crafts.  Each of the kids have weaknesses and strengths.  I encourage them to work on the things they have difficulties with first.  We try to have one big science class a week.  During that class we do experiments or we do activities together.   They all love hands on activities.  We also come together every afternoon, for an hour, to work on Character Building.   Right now we are using a Character Building worksheet I found on the Duggar Family Website.  We take one trait a day to focus on and discuss.  We look up Bible verses that correspond with the subject we are studying and we talk about how we can work on displaying that attribute more in our lives. 

I really enjoy teaching my children and watching them grow in many ways.  I pray that God will strengthen me each day to keep doing what I am doing.  I pray that each one of my children learn from each lesson we study. 

No comments:

Post a Comment