CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

God's Greatest Blessings

God's Greatest Blessings
Our Gifts from Above

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Getting back to basics

In todays world of electronics and technology, it is easy to lose sight of the simple basic things of life.  When was the last time you sat down and played a board game with your family, or read a book together?  I think technology has its good points, but it also is very distracting.  I can remember one evening while eating dinner, I looked up and saw something very upsetting.  My oldest son was surfing the web on his iTouch,  my oldest daughter was texting her friends, and the other kids were just staring at them wanting just a moment of their attention.  That is when one rule was born in our home, NO ELECTRONICS AT THE DINNER TABLE.   I think it is important to talk with each other during at least one meal a day.  Ask one another how they are doing and feeling.  Conversation is very important to families.  I believe that without it, the family will eventually fall apart.  They will not know each other like they should. 

It breaks my heart to see no real interaction between parents and children, or sisters and brothers.  The family is the most important tool God uses to make an impact in this world.  I know that is why Satan attacks families so much.  He knows how powerful a family, who prays together and serves God together,  is.   We need to limit our use of the internet, television, video games, and cell phones.  We need to spend more time developing our relationship with God.  We need to use our time wisely.  I want to implore you to put aside everything that distracts you from your family for just an hour a day and spend that time getting to know your children and spouse better!

No comments:

Post a Comment