CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

God's Greatest Blessings

God's Greatest Blessings
Our Gifts from Above

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Relationships

As my kids are growing into young adults, I have been praying about how to make that shift from being the parent of a child into the parent of an adult.  I have read many good books, from Christian authors who have grown children, in order to prepare for this transition.  God has shown me that I need to be letting go each day.  I need to give them more responsibility and I need to let them make their own decisions.  I would never over step my bounds with them.  I will not make them do things they don't want to do and I will not force them to be something that God has not called them to be.  If and only if they ask my opinion will I give it.  I have to trust that we have taught them to do what is right and that they will follow God's will for their lives.  One way to push your older children away is to nag them and force your will on to them.  You have to allow them to fly.  You have to let them make mistakes and learn from them.  You have to give them opportunities to grow.  You must let go.  You have to allow God to work in their hearts and lives.  You have given them the instructions, now let them go and be who God made them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment