CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

God's Greatest Blessings

God's Greatest Blessings
Our Gifts from Above

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Remembering.......

There was a time in my life when I didn't realize how precious my children were.  When I was younger, I didn't appreciate them the way I should.  As a parent, I use to get very aggravated with them running around screaming and hollering, or leaving toys all over the house,  but as I grew as a mom, I learned to enjoy everything about being a mama.  I think my attitude changed the most after we lost our son Caleb in 2006.   I began looking at the small things as a true blessing. Each time my kids hugged me I now cherished it so much more. Now their toys all over the house, was a reminder that they were alive and well and able to play, instead of being a nuisance.  We were blessed in 2007 with our precious Hope, and the fact that my baby could cry and wake me up in the middle of the night was now the sweetest sound I had ever heard, and I would just smile as I went to pick her up.  She could have kept me up 24 hours and I would still just be content with the fact she was in my arms. 

I am sharing this with you all, to remind you not to take anything for granted.  Enjoy the little things.  Learn to delight in the good and bad times of the day.  Rejoice in the fact that you are their parent and that they are your child.   Be glad that they are there with you, even when you have to discipline them.  Learn from them.  Let them teach you how to be a better parent.  Watch them as they play.  Enjoy every minute you have with them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment