CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

God's Greatest Blessings

God's Greatest Blessings
Our Gifts from Above

Monday, November 8, 2010

Why?

There are a few questions that many people ask me when they meet me and find out how many children I have.  Usually the first  is "Wow 6 kids, how do you manage?"  Then they ask "Do you ever have time for yourself?"  Then soon after they find out I homeschool those 6 kiddos, they ask " Isn't that a lot of work?"   Well I have created this blog to not only answer these questions, but many other ones that come up a long our journey of life.  I also want to share things we have learned over the 16 years of being parents. 

I will start out by introducing myself and my wonderful family.  I am Betty.  I am a wife, mother and friend.  I have been married for over 17 years to my incredible husband Mike.  He is a great husband and daddy.  He enjoys being with his family and even though he has 2 jobs (Firefighter & Mechanic), he finds time to be our spiritual leader and loving guide through this life.  We have 6 beautiful children ranging from 3 years old all the way to 16.   Our youngest is a little girl named Hope.  She is really a joy to have.  She is extremely smart and acts more like she is 10 not 3.   Joshy is our youngest boy.  He is 5 years old and already taking 2nd grade classes.  He loves to read and write.    The next in line is our precious son Ryan.  He is our sweet one.   He is 10 years old and has a heart of gold.  He is so kind and helpful.   Megan is our amazing 14 year old daughter.  She is very lively and likes to take care of her younger siblings.  She is great at keeping them busy while mom does her chores or works.  She has a sweet spirit.   Amanda is our very talented 15 year old.  She can do so many thing that range from singing to cutting hair.  She loves to crochet and draw.  She is great with kids and enjoys teaching them.   Robert is our oldest.  He is 16 and is just a great son.  He is a great counselor and friend to many.  He is always there when you need a shoulder to lean on.  He wants to be a pastor and we already see those qualities needed for that job coming out in him. 

Can you tell I love my family?   We are not perfect, but we strive to be what God wants us to be.  Mike and I try to teach our children what is important in life.  We hope to share some of these ideas with you through this blog.  We will share some of our journeys and even some of our mistakes.  May you be blessed by this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment